Toasty coconut and creamy hazelnuts make this nut butter a must! Spread it on toast, dip your apple slices into it, or simply eat it on a spoon!
- 3 cups raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1–3 tablespoons coconut butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread hazelnuts evenly on a jelly roll sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove hazelnuts from oven and let cool.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes into frying pan. Toast until lightly golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Remove coconut from pan immediately once brown.
- Combine hazelnuts, coconut flakes, coconut butter, maple syrup, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add more coconut butter to increase the coconut flavor.
- Serving Size: 1 Tb
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: healthy, quick, nut butter, butter, hazelnut, coconut, low fodmap, vegan, vegetarian, snack