Creamy peanut butter & freeze dried strawberries make these no bake protein packed bites the perfect snack for all you PB & J lovers!
How many times have you found yourself on the go and suddenly starving? I always keep a stash of snack bars in my purse, but sometimes I just want something with simple, fresh ingredients that I know will keep my gut feeling its best. These low FODMAP energy balls are quick, healthy, gluten free, and vegan (depending on the protein powder you use).
Do these energy balls need to be refrigerated?
Whip up a batch for the week or even for the month and you’ll be set for whenever hunger strikes! Store these in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to six months. Talk about advanced food prep! Taking these on the go? If you are going to keep these out of the fridge for more than four hours, pack a small cooler or lunch bag with an ice pack! Just like this Low FODMAP Trail Mix, these energy balls are great fuel for long car rides or days trips. Your wallet and your body will thank you!
Why do I love these healthy energy balls?
- Raw oats are an excellent source of fiber (no cooking required!)
- Peanut butter, chia seeds, and protein powder provide a punch of protein that will keep you satisfied until your next meal
- They’re customizable (swap out the peanut butter for your favorite nut butter, try different protein powders, or mix it up with other dried or freeze dried fruits)
- They’re gut friendly for my low FODMAP* friends (gluten free, no dates, packed with fiber and prebiotics)
- Two words. No bake!
*To keep these low FODMAP friendly, use a low FODMAP protein powder or just omit!Print
Creamy peanut butter & freeze dried strawberries make these protein packed bites the perfect snack for all you PB&J lovers! Use a low FODMAP protein powder or omit to keep these IBS friendly.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
- Combine all ingredients, except strawberries, in food processor.
- Pulse until oats are coarsely ground and mixture is well combined.
- Add strawberries and pulse until strawberries are in small pieces.
- Scoop mixture using a tablespoon and roll into 1 tablespoon size balls.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
Want more “jam” flavor? Add more freeze dried strawberries for an extra flavor boost!
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 2.1
- Sodium: 55.1
- Fat: 5.9
- Saturated Fat: 1.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7.2
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 4.4
- Cholesterol: 0.3
Keywords: healthy, quick, energy balls, bliss balls, low fodmap, no bake, snack, protein balls, oatmeal balls