Jamie Oliver’s Granola Dust
Granola dust?! That was my first reaction when spotting the YouTube video on Facebook. I am a big Jamie Oliver fan and granola dust sounded so…magical? I had to watch the video. That night I threw together some granola dust and I have to say, the result WAS quite magical. The hint of orange paired with the toasty nuts and oats just dance in your mouth! My favorite combo is granola dust with plain greek yogurt, a splash of milk, and a handful of fresh fruit. Sounds like a deliciously well-rounded breakfast to me. The granola dust combines into a smooth porridge with the yogurt and milk with a pop of brightness from the fresh fruit. This is definitely going to be a staple in my cupboard. Not only is it super easy, but it’s also a healthy alternative to your typical sugary breakfast cereals. No added sugar here!
The other magical thing about this recipe is it’s versatility! For example, I only had almonds, walnuts, and pecans for the nuts and flaxseeds for the seeds. You can use whatever your heart desires! Or whatever is in your cupboard… No orange on hand? Try a lemon or lime! Mix it up with other healthy additions, such as unsweetened shredded coconut. The world is your oyster! What’s your favorite combo??
Recipe by Jamie Oliver
- 1 pound rolled oats
- 4-5 ounces raw, unsalted mixed nuts
- 1-2 ounces mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, flax, hemp, etc.)
- 4-5 ounces mixed dried fruit (cherries, apricots, raisins, currants, etc.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coffee (or instant coffee)
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Zest of 1 small orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread oats, nuts, and seeds on a baking sheet with sides. Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through, until slightly toasted and brown. It should smell a little like popcorn!
- Combine oats, nuts, seeds, and remaining ingredients in a food processor. Process until desired consistency is reached (it should look a bit like coarsely ground flour). Your food processor will be full, but this actually takes much less time than expected!
- Serve with yogurt and/or milk. Top with fresh fruit.