Mediterranean Bean Salad
This super simple bean salad makes an excellent side dish, snack, or even main dish. The kalamata olives, roasted red pepper, red onion, and red wine vinaigrette give this salad a burst of flavor! Not only is the flavor to die for, it’s rich in nutrients as well! Fiber, vitamin A, and vitamin C, oh my! Try pairing with avocado toast for a satisfying combination. Make this salad a day ahead to allow time for flavors to meld.
MEDITERRANEAN BEAN SALAD
Recipe adapted from Mediterranean Bean Salad from PCC Natural Markets
- 1-15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-15oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 large pieces roasted red pepper, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup halved kalamata olives (heaping)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Combine beans, roasted red pepper, olives, and onion in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and thyme in a small bowl.
- Pour vinegar and olive oil mixture over bean mixture and combine. Season with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.